Sunday, November 29, 2015

Gratitude

When we got this assignment, I was very excited to be able to go out and express gratitude with my fellow classmates. During class Emma, Hannah, and I wrote a very loving note to the copy center lady, Mrs. Harkins. We expressed our gratitude in many ways saying how wonderful she was and how her hard work doesn't go unnoticed. She helps out the students and teachers every. If she wasn't there to make copies of everybody's work then people would have to do it themselves. The pictures below show me setting it on her desk and the actual note.
Showing gratitude makes me very happy because I enjoy making peoples day. Putting a smile on someones face is very rewarding. I feel like gratitude isn't shown a lot today and that I believe it should be shown more because people in this world do so much in this world and there actions are taken seriously or appreciated.
The act of gratitude that I did before the break was that I picked three people that mean a lot to me and I wrote them notes expressing how awesome they are. I wanted to tell them how grateful I am to have friends that care so much about me. After I wrote the notes I personally delivered them to there classes. The other thing that I did over the break was cut out little hearts and write thoughtful things for my mom. I then went around my house and left them for her to find. Once she found them, I was at school and I got a text saying how blessed she was to be my mom. That made me very happy because I there are no words to describe how amazing my mom is. I am so happy we were able to do this assignment because it made me realize that showing gratitude is very important.

1 comment:

  1. You made such a difference in the the life of many through this gratitude exercise. Mrs. Harkins still has your note proudly displayed on her computer monitor. The story about what you did for your mom is incredible. I bet she was so moved by your kindness!

    ReplyDelete