Sunday, September 13, 2015

Time Management Reflection

  I never thought time management was a important thing in my life, until Mrs. Gagnon explained it to us in class. I have the same routine every day and it consists of the same thing. Sleeping, going to school, and eating. My time management skills at the moment aren't the best. I usually have the thoughts in my head of what I am going to be doing once I get home from school, but it usually ends up with me falling asleep. I remind myself everyday that I would be more productive if I didn't fall asleep, but it still happens on the daily basis.
  Day by day, I strive to work on my time management. Soon enough I will be living on my own at college and I will need to know when its okay to be relaxing and when it is okay to be studying. It is important because I want to be successful and that starts with managing my time well. I think setting a schedule or putting reminders on my phone would help me stay alert and keep me motivated to get my things done quickly so I more time to myself later in the evenings. It would be better to relax in the evening's then being stressed beyond believe and staying up late to do homework all night.
  The time management tips are very useful to my daily life, I liked the tips from the college board website because it applies to most teenagers. My favorite part is how it explains that we should get a good night sleep because that could make the tasks more difficult or how it is okay to say no because somethings are more important then others.  I will be able to deal with my procrastination in this way because it is better to get your stuff done sooner then later because if a problem comes your way, you have a chance of fixing it. I believe that something I have been doing too much is spending to much time on my phone or sleeping.Taking naps after school would have to stop because I would be able to spend my time more efficiently doing college apps are homework that is due in the future. I think that know I have a better mindset on what I need to do with my schedule so that I will succeed in life.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Alyssa! If you want any additional information on time management strategies, let me know. I also keep a stack of priority matrices at my desk if you'd ever like a copy. Best wishes, Mrs. Gagnon PS-I love how the importance of sleep stuck out to you...sleep is sooooo important!! And definitely something to prioritize.

    ReplyDelete