Right now I am currently interning at the Dublin Police Department. It is located in Dublin and I go there every Monday and Thursday that we are released. I am usually there from 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M., so I am able to experience a lot of things during that time.
There are a lot of positives to interning at a police department. I have been able to experience many things and I can't wait to learn more. My favorite part so far has been the ride a longs. Overall I have been on four and I have had a different officer each time. Having the different officers gave me a different perspective on how their methods during a patrol were different. There are two different teams when it comes to patrol officers. During the day there is a team patrolling west Dublin and there is one patrolling east. Then the two teams switch with the night shift. Some days can be slow, but whenever I am there, the Lieutenant says I am like there good luck charm. Many positive things have happened when I was on a ride along.
This one time we got a call that this girl was trying to commit suicide and we had to track her car down. We had tracked it using on star and the patrol officer I was with went to the scene and noticed that she wasn't in her car. There were belongings in the car but she wasn't there so we had to check out the other shops and see if we could find her. After checking about three shops, we found her sitting down in a store looking very dazed. We were able to bring her out and take her to the hospital. We had basically saved her life. It is great to realize that you are able to help people and that is what I love to do. I feel very happy when people are okay and it makes me want to continue this line in work.
In the future, I hope to be able to work with the fingerprints. I really want to see someone get there fingerprints taken. I think that would be so awesome. I have to say that I am very happy with my internship and I am very eager to learn more about my passion!


Alyssa - Words cannot describe how much I have enjoyed hearing about your internship this year. You have experience so much in just a short amount of time. I am so thankful that this is the field that you want to go into. It clearly brings you a ton of joy and the world needs more people like you in it. Thank you for your positive attitude, honesty and PASSION. iQuest certainly would not be the same without you!
ReplyDeleteAlyssa you seem super passionate about your internship and I think that is great! You've done and got to experience so many cool and exciting things! I love to hear about it when you brag about it during class! Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see your success and hear more stories!
ReplyDelete